Aboriginal Community Education Program
The role of an Aboriginal Community Education Officer (ACEO) may include:
- performing basic clerical duties like maintaining files and information related to Aboriginal students and achieving work related outcomes associated with that role
- working with school leadership to contribute to site learning plans and individual learning plans to improve Aboriginal students' social, wellbeing, and learning outcomes
- supporting teaching staff to develop and maintain relationships with Aboriginal students, parents and families
- participating in the development and implementation of strategies to support Aboriginal students
- promoting Aboriginal community voice in educational decision making
- establishing and maintaining positive relationships through ongoing contact with Aboriginal parents, families and caregivers
- supporting school staff by providing advice on the cultural diversity of Aboriginal groups.
Jakob Schmaal is out Aboriginal Community Education Officer here at Gawler Primary School. To meet him click here.